PRAYER: GOD UNLIMITED
“Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask it will be done… for them by My father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.” Matthew 18:18,19
Walking and talking with God is life’s greatest privilege. We experience God through prayer. Conversing with the Lord is not about all talk and no listening. It’s conversation. It’s about relationship. Fellowship. Communion. The pleasure of His company.
Spiritual revolutions turn with praying people. When you’re walking with God, expect to encounter Satan who’s going in the opposite direction. But fear not. When we pray, we can stand firm, undefeated: “But thanks be to God who always gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.” (1 Corinthians 15:57)
Effective prayer can be summed up in about ten easy principles. Here they are:
1. Pray with the principle of agreement.
Prayer is ultimately faith working through relationships – both with God and man.
2. Pray worshipfully. God honors a thankful heart of humility.
3. Pray the Word, not just words prayers. God honors His Word. Speak it. Declare it. Believe it. Stand on it. It’s your sword in life’s battles.
4. Pray willing to accept God’s will and God’s ways. His Word will direct you in His ordained will.
5. Pray wholeheartedly with faith. This must be a priority if you expect an answer from God.
6. Pray without guile or bitterness. Not forgiving will always hinder the effect of prayer.
7. Pray with wisdom. Let the Lord give you a hearing ear and an obedient heart.
8. Pray waiting on God. Your times are in His hands. Patience will work character in you, so that when the answer comes you will properly steward it.
9. Pray prayer walks. Just as Abraham walked out the borders of Zion with the Lord, you can prayer walk your neighborhood and schools with results.
10. Pray wrestlings and spiritual warfare. Be involved in the good fight of faith. Don’t be a slacker when it comes to prayer. Refuse to give up. Victory will come.
Thanks be unto God who gives us the victory.
October 27, 2021
October 27, 2020
October 12, 2020