PRAYER AND HEALING
4 Surely he has borne our infirmities and carried our diseases . . . 5 . . . upon him was the punishment that made us whole, and by his bruises [stripes] we are healed Isaiah 53:4-5
Something always happens when we pray whether or not we see anything right away! We like the instant miracles, and they do happen, but sometimes healing is a process that takes place over a period of time. People can receive their healing minutes, hours or days later. God hears and answers prayer, so just because you did not notice anything right away does not mean that nothing happened.
One of the healings of Jesus took place through a “process.” Luke 17:12-19 describes Jesus healing ten lepers, who stood at a distance and called out to Him. “When He saw them, he said to them, ‘Go and show yourselves to the priests.’ And as they went, they were made clean.” (NRSV Luke 17:14) Here Jesus was invoking the Mosaic Law, which required the priests to verify cleansing of leprosy. But the actual healing was a process that occurred as they were going to show themselves to the priests. One of the lepers realized as he was on the way that he had been healed. He came back to Jesus to thank Him and glorify God. Jesus affirmed the man’s attitude of thanksgiving and wondered where the other nine were. Jesus teaches us here that we should always give thanks and glory to God.
Be encouraged and continue to pray, trust and thank the Lord and believe that your healing is coming forth. Always thank the Lord for what He did on the Cross.
NKJ Mark 11:24 “Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.”
When people come to the Ministry for healing prayer we address a number of common hindrances or blocks to healing:
- Sin can open the door to sickness and infirmity, so the first thing to do is repent for anything you have done that is displeasing to God and is against His Commandments. It is most important to forgive others and repent for any bitterness, resentment and unforgiveness. This is a serious, common problem that can hinder your healing. NKJ 1 Peter 3:12 “For the eyes of the LORD are on the righteous, And His ears are open to their prayers; But the face of the LORD is against those who do evil.”
NKJ Matthew 6:16 “But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.”
- Does the sickness run in your family? If so, it could be caused by the sins of your ancestors (parents, grandparents, great-grandparents). NRSV Exodus 20:5 “. . . . I the LORD your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and the fourth generation of those who reject me.” This can be broken off through a prayer releasing you from Generational Inherited Disease.
- How have you been speaking? NKJ Proverbs 18:21 “Death and Life are in the power of the tongue. And those who love it will eat its fruit.” We are made in the image and likeness of God – God creates by speaking (example: “Let there be light“) so our words also have power. Negative words spoken about your condition can adversely affect recovery. But these effects can be broken off.
- Are you experiencing fear, tension, anxiety and worry? This is so common in today’s world, but it can bring on infirmity and needs to be addressed. The Bible commands us not to fear, so fear is sin and can bring problems.
- Do you have a broken and wounded heart? People hurt people all the time and a broken heart can affect your health. NRSV Proverbs 17:22 “A cheerful heart is a good medicine, but a downcast spirit dries up the bones.”
Scripture says that God’s Word is alive and powerful, and brings health to our bodies (Proverbs 4:20-22). So take God’s medicine and prayerfully read the Word. Speak out God’s promises about healing in the Bible – Healing Scriptures.
We address all these issues when people come to Prayer Mountain Healing Ministry for prayer and many are set free! Our trained Healing Ministers will pray for your physical needs. We pray according to principles in the Scriptures to set people free from sickness and disease. Come and experience hope, peace and healing.
NKJ James 5:14-15 “Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save [heal] the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven”.
Healing Rooms open Saturdays from 9:30 am – 11:30 am.
On the 2nd Saturday of each month at 10 am we have one Group Session.
Closed on major Holidays
December 04, 2019
November 01, 2019
August 12, 2019